Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My answer

This is an answer to a question I was asked on an educational forum. I'm not going to post the question, so if you're not part of the class I've got two things to say: 1-Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. 2-Why the frick are you reading my blog?!!!I thought it would be appropriate to put this response on my blog. I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything on this for about a month. I can't believe how busy I've been! I've been trying to keep up my grades, do all of my piano, and get everything that needs to be done done. I hope that I will be able to keep participating in this engaging group. Here it goes:

I love my family. I love my friends. I love others. I love learning. I love music. I love life. I love work. I love challenges. I'd love a chance, an opportunity.

I care about my family and friends-people close to me. I care about people I don't know. I care about you. I care about helping people. That's something that makes me happy. It makes me feel better knowing that you feel better. I WANT to help you. If you need help, remember I'm there. I'm different than you might think. Don't be quick to judge-you're probably wrong.

I like people who are honest with me. People with a sense of humor, positive personality; yet are realistic and smart. I try to surround myself with people like that. They help balance things out.

Things that matter to me are virtues and values. Talents and disabilities. Music and other forms of art. Family and friends. You. Him. Her. Them. Us. Relationships and communication. Culture and history. Knowledge and wisdom. Learning and discovering. Growing and maturing. Punctuality and responsibility. Imagination and reality. Common sense and deep thought. Acknowledging and awareness. Humor and seriousness. Obviousness and obscurity. Peace, love, and tranquility. Joy.


I don't think that it is fear that holds us down. At this point in my life I don't know if I can identify what it is, but I'll try. I think that it's partly laziness. We don't work as hard or as much because we have so much technology that we can do things twice as fast and it doesn't take much effort. Another reason I think is ignorance or naivety. Most people have never left the states, or even their own state. They hear stories about what's happening in the world, but they really don't care. They don't realize how important and education, work ethic, or strong values really are.

I don't know how to add anything about the age gap that hasn't already been said. I think that Kole did the best job at explaining it, so I'll leave it at that.

I've had to think about this one. I don't know why, but I've never really thought about what I fear. It's just never seemed that important. I now realize that it can show me a little part of myself, a way that I can further understand myself.

I-like others-fear pain and the possibility of pain. I will go out of my way to avoid pain, or help others avoid pain.

I fear not being enough. I would hate not being able to help, do work, to do. I'm glad that I have a strong body and a sound mind. I appreciate my talents and skills. I love being able to be the best I can be and do the best I can do. I don't know how I would be able to survive if I was paralyzed or disabled in some way. It just seems so restricting and terrible.

I fear disappointing people I care about. Mainly my family. My friends come at a close second. Then there's the people at school. I don't fear disappointing them as much as I fear not making their day better than it might have been.

I fear disappointing myself. I have a high standard for myself, and if I don't keep it I feel terrible and depressed. For example, I literally made myself sick over the fact that my grades are suffering. That's why I was absent today. My parents have a high standard for me, too; hence, why I'm so strict about it. I know that my grades don't reflect what I know-my grasp of the concepts are very strong. It's just that my parents view my grades as a reflection of how I'm doing. They are disappointed. All of my grades are B's, and I just got away from a half hour lecture about how I need to do better and that I've disappointed them. My moral isn't very high, to say the least.

But for you, I'll try.

I worry about school. I worry about family. I worry about friends. I worry about the present problems. I worry about the future, and the effects of the past. I worry about relationships. I worry about myself. I worry about not being better than myself. I worry about helping you. I hope that you are alright.

I hope you have a nice day!!!

(Sorry that this is late, Mr. T. I've been SUPER preoccupied, and I hope you will let me still stay in this!! Merry Christmas!!!)

1 comment:

Twitchy Insomniac said...

....whoa. That was...huh...

I'm glad to see you've finally updated. Remember to smile, even when nobody else will. Not that that has anything to do with anything but...oh, whatever, I don't care.