If what I say is insulting or unreasonable to you: tell me about it. I want to fix my problem if it's there. You'd be helping me, and I'd find your view interesting. I'm open to independent thought. Try me.
At school I find myself in a position, where I just recently learned, I am being watched very closely. I'm even a topic of conversation. I found this discovery unnerving and surprising. I am just glad that I gave nobody any reason to hate me or dislike me in any way. That I'm a reasonably good example. People have their opinions on me, and I don't care what they think. Being viewed as a good person is important for me, but I'm not desperate to change their opinions. If they think I'm a bad person, that's too bad for them. They're wrong.
Many of you have your own opinions on me. You might think I'm ditzy, stupid, obnoxious, or annoying. Those are some narrow minded views, but I think that from how I used to be on this forum you've got reason to think that. Don't be quick to judge; it goes both ways, remember that. The fact that one judges is a reason to judge someone. Twisted concept. I'd just like you to know, if you have formed your own opinion on me, you are wrong. I don't know anyone here, (except for three people with limited knowledge), who really knows who I am or what I am like. But that is my fault and choice. Ever thought that being overly-optimistic might be a mask? That actually helps some people through their day, and I've actually kept someone from suicide before. It's not a bad thing. Or, just because I'm a "SBO", and "popular"(so called); that I am shallow or stupid or mean? These are stereotypical thoughts that might be flying around. They are wrong. Get over yourselves. I'm just a normal person just like anybody else. Except, I've decided to do something with what I've got and do it well.
I don't like to judge people. I have a high standard, yet my expectations are zero until I get to know a little about them. I'm not expecting anybody to be nice, friendly, smart, responsible, sensible, or good; because lot's of people aren't, and they don't want you to be condescending to them. People are to be treated at their own level. Although you should treat them with respect, it's only fair. I don't think that I know people's motives for doing what they do, or how/what they think, or what's best for them in their situation--whatever that may be. It's unfair to judge for that reason. Even though people naturally think that they do what they do for a good reason, even if they might be wrong, it's not right to immediately suppose that what they're doing is wrong and you are right. You may not be as smart as they are, and you're not in their personal situation. Treat everyone with respect, and you will receive it in turn. That's ideal and how I like things.
I have a critical view of myself. I have many contradicting characteristics. I think I'm humble and honest. Then, I also am proud and vain. I'm not going to tell you what I think of myself. What I think is in my head and I will only force it out if I think it will do some good. It would take me a long time to explain myself anyway. I'd rather save time and say something short and sweet. Even the most brief responses can have deep subliminal meaning. Think about that.
I try to be good, but a person has every right to be critical and cynical. So do I. I was told by someone who I respect that they seem to be getting better and better, while I seem to be getting worse and worse. They were wrong, and had judged too soon. I have heard it said, "Better to keep your mouth shut and leave them wonder about how smart you are, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."-or something to that basic implication. I was not getting worse. I am more than I show, and that's basically all you need to know about me.
Try your best to be your best, and view the best in other people. It might be ignorant, but in this case, ignorance IS bliss. The world is a happy place if people are only as good as they are, or can be.
Have a good day. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Good luck. Remember to smile!!!!

2 comments:
Interesting! I figured as much to begin with, but I always find it fascinating to hear people explain themselves! I have a little something for you to ponder. Adolf Hitler got the power to do what he did because the people of Germany only viewed the best in him. Germany viewed him as a GOOD person. Why? Because they were ignorant. I don't believe that ignorance is ever bliss. Instead, ignorance causes an absence of feeling. If knowledge has caused you uncomfort in the past, then the feeling of absence will feel good. However, this is a double-edged sword, and works both ways.
That's kind of the same with everybody... Or at least I think so. Most people wear masks around people and take it off around those close to them... Yeah :D
Post a Comment