When I was a little kid, I saw shows that had teens in them. It always showed them doing stupid stuff, being bad, being emotionally unstable, and lots of other things. I would watch, then tell my parents, "Don't worry. I'll never be like that!". But ever since I've become "one of them", I've caught myself doing some of that kind of stuff. Like talking back to my parents, or thinking for myself, or wanting to be with other people my own age. It's frightening! My parents keep on complaining that I'm officially a teen-ager, and that I'm impossibly bad, uncontrollable. That's because I've been able to see things that could be improved, and I want to help them out. But no!! Whenever I try to do something right, it seems to them like I'm messing up, making it all worse, or it just makes them angry. I guess that seems like I'm being narrow-minded, or I'm just making this up, that I just don't understand what's going on, or I'm just being a teen-ager; but seriously-that's not it. I'm VERY intelligent, (now guys, don't start laughing), and I understand what's going on--they're ignoring me, and my genius; thinking that it's just some "stage". They think that their ideas are automatically better than mine, and it scares them that I could be coming up with ideas like mine.
Just kidding!! Wow, if you all think that I'm really like that, then you DON'T know me at all!!!
I LOVE being older! I get to do so much more stuff now!! I get to hang out with friends, go places, see things, and experience new things!!! I can influence the lives of others, and have fun doing it. I get to look forward to my life and all of the promises that it brings. I can go to school sport games, and meet new people. I can go to dances, meet girls, and have fun with everyone there!!! I get to grow and get taller-I'm looking forward to that!!
Then again, I'm also afraid of growing up. I don't want to have to worry about all of those adult problems. An adult has to: pay the bills, pay taxes, go to work, pay taxes, get married, pay taxes, raise a family, pay taxes, vote, pay taxes, drive in traffic every day, pay taxes, get a college degree, pay taxes, support family, pay taxes, do well at work, pay taxes, make ends meet, pay taxes, and die(shock from the raise in tax-rate). I like having not as many responsibilities. All I have to do right now, is get in the right direction to have a successful life. Meaning that I have to do well in school, learn new skills, understand how to act around others, ect. I'm not looking forward to having to pay taxes!!!!
I don't know. Maybe it'll be fun....who am I kidding? I'll just try to do the best I can against all of the worldly forces that will be trying to push me down. I hope it gets over quick, then I can be comfortably retired, and have fun with my grandkids. Then, I can die. Good idea, huh?!
I guess that I'm looking at this in a bad way. Maybe I'm being a little pessimistic. That, or totally realistic. Either way, I've no choice in the matter, so I might as well deal with it. Look at me. Here I am. Bring. It. On.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I don't think adulthood will really be all that bad. I mean, you'll get to do whatever you want to do!
Originally I had this longer, but I think I might have closed the comment box... oops... Sorry, I have to get off the computer now.
Ciao!
╰☆╮Mimi╰☆╮
I don't wanna grow up!
I love being a kid!
I wish I didn't have to grow anymore after I turn 16!
Because then I can go on dates, drive, be in High School and go on dates!
And I agree with Pablo...
-I'm not looking forward to paying taxes!
I think we grow up faster than we'd like. I still wish I was younger and then I could get away with more of the wacky and rather annoying things I do. Like random dancing to Michael Jackson in Wal-Mart...but deep down you never really grow up. I'm so ready for the wheelcar races inbetween the isles! ROCK ON!
I love how your mood changes on the idea like seven times in that whole thing! Very funny. You have ultimate knowledge.
Post a Comment